Thursday, October 24, 2013

Best Update Yet!

FINALLY, OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE! WHOOP! I had my bronchoscopy done several weeks ago. Last Thursday, the pulmonologist called to tell me that there was no evidence of lymphoma in my lung! My pain/shortness of breath is caused by an infection in & around my lung. Actinomyces bacteria normally lives in your mouth & gastrointestinal tract. But since my immune system was down from chemo & radiation and the right lung was damaged from the lymphoma & radiation therapy (mostly scarring), my lung became infected. The symptoms I am/was having (shortness of breath, cough, phlegm, night sweats, low fever) were really causing a lot of worry since all were symptoms I had when I was first diagnosed with ALCL, but they also happen to be the SAME symptoms caused by Pulmonary Actinomycosis. Now our concentration is on kicking this infection out! I am on a long cycle of amoxicillin. I take 2000 mg per day (500 mg 4x daily) and will be taking it for 6-12 months. And in other FANTASTIC news: My youngest sister just gave birth to her first baby boy! He was born at a healthy 7lbs 5oz, and Mommy & baby are both doing great! They were released from the hospital today! Congrats to Amanda & David, and welcome to the world, baby Waylen! I can hardly wait to hold you!

1 comment: