Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Waiting Game Continues

It has been too long. Way too long. I've been on antibiotics for, what, 5 months now? Has it been that long? Yes, I think it has. I had a repeat CT scan in January which showed my Actinomycosis was about half-cleared. Half-cleared or half-remaining? I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of gal. The good news is that it is getting better. My Pulmonologist gave the impression that the lymphoma was officially gone when he got the bronch results back in October, but he & the Oncologist have decided that a repeat PET scan will really be the only way to make sure that one pesky lymph node was just reactive due to infection and not lymphoma. And so we continue to wait... My medical team has been awesome. My Pulm is working closely with my Medical Onco and an Infectious Diseases doc. I do have one less member of my medical team now. I was released from my radiation onco at my last appointment with her (which, IIRC, was in December). I have an appointment with my medical onco on Thursday (just for routine bloodwork and to check in). I see my pulm again in April after a repeat CT to check the infection status. Hopefully it's gone! Then we can do a repeat PET and, fingers crossed, finally put an end to this whole NHL nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment