Monday, April 22, 2013

The Latest Update

Done! Finished! Completed!

22 radiation treatments are done! April 8 ended up being the END of my radiation treatments. My onco extended treatment by two days. I found out about that on day 19, which was suppose be be my next-to-last treatment. I cried like a big baby. And I mean ugly cry.

A few days after treatment ended, the blisters showed up. First on my back. Then on my neck. And it was NOT pretty. But here I am two weeks out, almost completely healed. I have some peeling & one spot still cracking on my neck, but it's MUCH better. My throat is also on the mend. I still have some swallowing pain, but it is nothing compared to the worst I had.

Saturday, we had an amazing time with great friends & family to celebrate. We had real love Louisiana crawfish shipped in & showed our VA friends how it's done! Such a fun time!

Upcoming appointments:
May 21 - 6 week follow-up with radiation oncologist
May 22 - PET scan
may 24 - follow-up with medical oncologist

No comments:

Post a Comment