Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ramblings Of An Insomniac

Hi, my name is Suzi, and it's been 10 days since my last blog.

Man, I suck at blogging. Well, I guess by the title, one would suspect it's just a blog about cancer. But since there isn't much new in the world of MY cancer, there hasn't been much to blog about.

What's new in cancer news?
On Sunday, December 23, I got my Neulasta shot, which boosts white blood cell production. The shot "may  cause long bone pain". Yeah...I hurt so bad, I could barely move. I felt like someone was trying to break my pelvic bone in half. Thank God for Oxycodone.

Yeah...that's it. Nothing else new. Just trying to stay healthy in the midst of flu season. So far; so good. Next chemo treatment is 1/11/13, which also includes a visit with the onco doc.

What else has been going on, you might ask? Oh, you didn't? Tough. My blog; my rules.

Winter break is over. We all survived without killing one another. The kids were well-behaved for the most part. Christmas came & went. We all had a wonderful day. NYE came & went. We all had a wonderful 2012. Yada yada yada.

I'm tired. I can't sleep. Cancer is supposed to make you weak and tired. I'm always sleepy at the wrong time. I have plenty of medicine that would help me go to sleep right now. I just don't want to be that girl who gets the "I survived cancer and all I got was a lousy addiction to sleep meds/pain killers/Ativan" shirt. Nathan says to try to count sheep. When I close my eyes, I cannot, for the life of me, think of what a fucking sheep looks like.

What else is new? Oh, the dishwasher quit. And, no, I don't mean Nathan. Yesterday (well, Monday, to be exact), I loaded that SOB down with breakfast & lunch dishes. When I turned it on, it made a noise. I opened it, peered inside like I knew what I was looking for, and slammed it shut again. When it started, it sounded fine. Flash forward four hours or so...I opened the dishwasher to find steam, near-boiling standing water, and saucers so hot I needed a pot holder.

Apparently, Handy Husband attempted to disassemble it while I was in the bathtub, and all he got was a cut on the finger (which we shall hear about from here to eternity).

Screw it...I'm going to take an Ambien.

No comments:

Post a Comment