Saturday, December 22, 2012

Chemo - Round 2

Yesterday morning, Nathan & I dropped the kids off at the neighbor's house bright & early and headed to my second round of chemo.

After drawing blood, they sent me up to see the doc. He didn't have much new to say. Basically he just addressed some issues I'm having (sore feet & insomnia) and sent me on my way. He did say that my potassium is low and that my hemoglobin is getting to the point where I have to start watching for symptoms like shortness of breath, pale skin, fatigue, rapid heart rate, etc. If it gets lower, I may need a blood transfusion. Fun!

Back in the infusion center, my nurse started pumping me with fluids. Her evil plan to make me exercise (by walking back & forth to the bathroom) was once again successful. 5 trips this time! The chemo meds weren't too bad, other than the awful taste. In case you didn't know, some people can taste meds given via IV. I can even taste the Heparin she gives me at the end. YUCK! Thank goodness for Jolly Ranchers!

Yesterday afternoon, I had a few bouts of severe nausea but never got sick. Today has been much the same. I slept until 11 & then had a wonderful day with Nathan's dad, stepmom, and brother. They brought half of Toys R Us to the kids. We spent the afternoon & evening watching the 3Es play in the middle of the living room floor. It was so great! LOVE my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment